Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Monday, February 16, 2015

Lynda 4 Mosquitoes 8

Sunday Feb 15, 2015
Little Shark River, FL
Everglades

We left our rolly polly anchorage off Marco Island before 7. Nobody was sleeping so why not look for smoother water. Unfortunately we had winds in the wrong direction AGAIN and had to motor sail almost all day. We had a rolly polly journey. Comfortable temps and sunny day.

As we approached Shark River a pair of dolphins came to greet us. They showed us the way in and changed direction when we needed to.  There were some other sail boats in there so guess they are used to guiding ships in. As soon as we stopped to drop anchor they took off to Handleys boat to help them. It looked primeval. It was around 4:30 or 5 when we anchored. Calm as could be. Should be very still to tonight to sleep.

Judy and Mark got the dinghy out and they picked up Lee and all went exploring.  They saw a manatee very close and lots of birds and but no sharks or gators.  I stayed on Sea Turtle as I had promised to fix dinner for all of us and needed time to cook. It had been cold for so long I planned chili. This evening it was almost warm, until bed time when it did get cold again.

After dinner we planned the next few days. Mark and Judy will be taking a different path from us for almost a week. We are heading to Matecumbe Bight tomorrow then to Tavernier the next day and sit out some bad weather a few days there.  They were going to pull an overnighter and go to Dinner Key/Coconut Beach and stay there, meet up with some friends and hang out til time for Marks treatment next week, or maybe go to Ft Lauderdale. To be decided later. At any rate before we go off to the Bahamas at the end of the month we will join back up.

The mosquitoes came with the dusk and I am on the dessert menu. I don't have much reaction to bee stings or wasp stings but mosquitoes really get me. I get bitten on the finger my whole finger swells, I get big knots that hurt for days even weeks sometimes. I only had my hands and head exposed but I got 8 bites but only killed 4 mosquitoes. Hate those buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment