Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Snorkeling in Clear Water

Tuesday March 31, 2015
Chub Cay, Exumas
Bahamas

Snorkeling in Clear Water

We left West Bay, New Providence this morning and sailed and motor sailed to Chub Cay. We have now gone full circle. We checked into the Bahamas at Chub almost a month ago.

We anchored in beautiful clear blue water with a lot if starfish all around us. We then went snorkeling on a half dead reef beside a rock/hill called Momma Rhoda Rock. There were some corals and fish, a ray and a shark, but it was not the creature packed reef we are used to seeing. It was very shallow also.

Since I had not done any snorkeling it was good to get in the water. My snorkel leaked salt water. I knew that last time I used it but forgot until it happened again today. My mask, which I got on my last dive trip did not leak at all. I am happy with it. Between my snorkel leaking & Marks mask leaking we did not last too long but Lee and Judy lingered a good while. Judy had a GoPro camera.

We will start tomorrow morning and sail all day, all night tomorrow night and the next day we should end the day in West Palm Beach FL. Then Fri morning we will high tail it north on our way to Little River. Since we can't know if we can go off shore (the fast way) or must go in the ICW (water way) which takes much longer we have to plan for the long way. We want to make our closing date on our new place.

I will miss the lovely people here and the water that I can not put into words and do justice to, but it will be good to get our housing situation squared away and our things out of storage.

We will definitely do more cruising. Now that we have worked out most of the kinks.

We will continue the logs until we are back in our slip at LightKeepers so stay tuned it is not over Thurs evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment