Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Chugging Along

Saturday April 4, 2015
Vero Beach, Fl

Chugging Along

We left Hobe Sound at 8:30 and started up the waterway. We soon left the traffic behind. We spent a lot of the day going on one long straight line. Depending on the current motoring at 4 to 6 knts. We passed Ft Pierce around 5 and stopped and dropped the anchor in Vero  in mangroves near Hole in the Wall at 6:10. Being FL the mosquitoes and no see 'ums were here to greet us. Do they make screens fine enough to keep no see 'ums out?

We had a bridge or two but no long waits so all went well. We have friends at a marina here in Vero in a trawler but by the time we settled in, I made dinner, we ate and I washed dishes, we listened to the news on my phone it was too late to call. If I can remember maybe I can call in the morning. 

Rain is predicted the next couple of days. Hard to see markers in the rain. Looks like off shore weather will be wild til at least Tues so guess we are stuck in the ICW for now. 

I am over whatever it was. Went back to bed at 9:30 this morning and slept til noon after sleeping all night. I was still running a fever when I got up this morning but by noon with some aspirin and more rest I seemed ok. Guess some 24 hr bug. My stomach was torn up yesterday and still this morning. Hope Lee does not get it. 



Live like every day is your last. 
Share the love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment