Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Day 17 Jan 3, 2017 Tues

ICW heading South      Melbourne, FL      mm919

Today was the warmest day yet, 80s.  It started out dreary and overcast but became sunny and hot before noon.  We had everything opened up and I changed into my summer clothes. Both of us were barefoot all day.  We had wind off our beam at 13-21 kts most of the afternoon and were in areas deep enough to put up sails.  We were glad to get them up and it felt good for the boat to heel a bit.  That used to scare me. 
We had a beautiful sunset this evening. Pink and golden yellow.  Lee went out as the sun touched the water and blew on our conch shell.  We are anchored out in the open off the waterway but not getting any wind or waves.  
We are eating like kings but both of us think we are losing a little weight.  Not much room for junk food on board and no place to get it.  I have really used my pressure cooker a lot. Probably 1/2 the time I cook I use it.  It cuts down on cooking time and also helps keep the boat cool.  Cooking a long meal on a hot day heats up the  boat, done the regular way.  
We hope to get to Vero Beach tomorrow and probably stay there 2 or 3 days.  They have a free bus that runs right by a grocery store, west marine and several other useful places. Think I will try to get a hair cut while we are there. Know we will make a grocery run as we are almost out of shelf milk. (the kind that does not need refrigerated) 

No comments:

Post a Comment