Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Day 33 Jan 19, 2017 Thursday

Hall of Fame Marina    Ft Lauderdale ,   FL

Today we got up and went to the mall to the Apple Store to look at replacement computers.  There was a long line of people waiting for the Apple store to open as nothing in the mall opens until 10.  When they finally opened the store the 20 or so waiting people applauded.  We ended up buying an Apple Mac Book Pro.  We will use it both for the boat and at home.  
We also made a quick trip to the grocery store and returned the rental car before 12 as required.  I said yesterday it was due back Fri but it was Thursday. 
We got the repaired outboard back on its mount with the help of some boaters who had just pulled in the slip beside us.  Boaters are great people to pitch in when you need an extra hand. That done Lee proceeded to introduce himself to his new toy.  We need it to read DOS in order to handle our navigation software but for everything else we will be doing apple stuff.  He thinks they will play nice together but he is still learning the ins and outs of the new Apple. We have Apple phones, tablets, and TV already. Our desk computer is an older I Mac that is no longer supported.  
At bed time last night I realized I did not get my sheets back from the laundromat.  I had an odd number of loads and with 2 each of washers and dryers I had left a load in a washer that never got put in the dryer.  Today I went back to the laundromat and my wet sheets etc were laying on top of a dryer.  I gathered them up and brought them back to the boat and hung stuff here and there.  We looked a little like the Beverly HillBillies.  Am I dating myself??
 Well at least tonight I will have a sheet instead of sleeping on my quilt.  
We are ready to get fuel at 7:30 am and head off shore.  We hope to make it past Miami tomorrow. Weather and waves look ok for Friday but the week end not so great.  We are headed for Tavernier Key to hang out there a while. Hope we can catch some friends who live there part of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment