Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Day 50. Feb 5, 2017. Sunday

Day 50    Anchored in Barnes Sound.   2/5/17

Last night it began, my battle with mosquitoes.  I am apparently on the gourmet  menu for the little varmints.  They never seem to be interested in Lee but celebrate when they find out I am around.  I lost the battle.  I got many bites and only killed one.  We thought we anchored far enough from land to be safe but were wrong.  We moved out farther and did not see any during the day but after dark I killed 2 after dinner.  We have everything closed and fine screens in the hatch we do have opened.  Can not figure how they get in.  We checked weather and still think Wed might be a day to head across the Gulf Stream and to the Exumas. It was a nice sunny day with mild breeze. We will see how the over night goes.  Bug bites are the bane of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment