Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Day 56. Feb 11, 2017. Saturday

Great Harbour Cay Marina,   Bahama.     2/11/16

Today was a do nothing kind of day.  Lee got up and went to a conch sell horn making class.  Except they ran short on conch shells so he just watched.  We have 2 on board and one works quite well so we really did not need another one.  I gathered the laundry and headed to the washer and dryer.  I figured I had 4 loads and there are 2 washers and 2 dryers so needed to get there early.  It costs $10  to wash and dry a load of clothes.  I know the fresh water is desalinated sea water which is not cheap and the dryers are usually run on propane gas, but $40 for laundry is a bit much.  While Lee was watching the horn making he met a couple who have their boat at the Myrtle Beach Yacht Club.  They are power boaters.  She happened to come with a load of clothes just as I was putting in load 3 so I met her too.  Seemed very nice. Forget her name but the boat is Pirates Pleasure.
By the time I finished the laundry my knee was killing me so I returned to the boat and tried to take a nap.  Did not sleep but did rest my leg and took some aspirins.  Lee washed dishes.  That is the first time he has ever washed dishes on the boat.  I talked him through the  complicated parts, LOL.   He helped me wrestle the clean sheets on the bed. I HATE boat beds.  You do not have access to but one side and that is usually an end, not a long side.  We rearranged some space to stash winter clothes we are assuming we will not need again.
Once again we worked on our next leg of our trip,  We plan to leave here and travel to another Berry Island and anchor out Monday night. Then continue on Tues to one of the most southern of the Berries where we will stay at anchor for Thur and Friday waiting out high winds and seas.  After that passes we will be off to West Bay at the opposite end of New Providence Cay from Nassau.  We are not sure what after that.
Tonight we had an invasion of No See Ums.  They are smaller than the FL ones.  Hope they do not decide to feast on me while I try to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment