Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Day 5 Dec. 22, 2016 Thursday

Traveling South on ICW   Mile 546

We left our anchorage in bright sunlight at 7:30. Our day warmed up quickly with the passive solar heat created by the canvas surround. By noon it was hot and we opened a section of canvas and I went out on the bow to relax and enjoy the view, in short sleeves even.  Lee was waiting for a bridge to open and was making circles in the waterway when I felt, thump, thump. He had run aground, twice.  Just touched but there was plenty of space to have avoided it.  He was not paying any attention to the depth gauge. 
We traveled until about 3:15 and put out the anchor for tonight. I was so sleepy I crawled under the covers and took an hour and a half nap. Then got up to see what else had thawed and needed cooked before it spoiled.  We are having roast beef again.  Left overs will be used for vegetable beef soup tomorrow night. 
I am afraid to brag too much about the good weather for fear I will jinx it.

No comments:

Post a Comment