Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Day 10. April 17, 2019, Wed.

We had a peaceful if a bit chilly (55) night at Carolina Beach.  We got underway about 7am.  I went below to finish my morning sleep and woke up to lots of pitching and rolling.  I got up to find Lee had gone out in the ocean at Cape Fear River.  It was 10-15kts wind and almost on our nose.  He was trying to sail too close to the wind.  He had the motor running or we would have been making no headway.  I suggested he try tacking back and forth to get some wind in the sail and put out the main sail too.  That worked and made a much smoother ride but Lee was concerned it was taking us too far off the straight path to the Little River Inlet.  So after a couple more hours of pitching and rolling we took the sails in and just motored.  Unfortunately by that time the cat had gotten sea sick again and threw up.  Once we entered Little River Inlet I went below and washed dishes and started backing up things to take off the boat.

We left our truck in our driveway. But we live within walking distance of Cricket Cove marina so I suggested Lee drop me and the cat off at Cricket Cove where he planned to refuel and I would deposit the cat at home and bring the truck to Lightkeepers Marina so we could off load the boat.
I beat him to Lightkeepers Marina. We took one cart load of stuff off the boat home and while I sorted and put things away Lee went back to the boat to get more stuff and close the boat up.  We still have stuff to unload tomorrow but most of it is off now.  I am exhausted, can't speak for Lee.  The cranking on the wenches and pulling on the lines has my right shoulder sore, plus Kitty's constant meowing every few hours all night has left me sleep deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment