Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Friday, December 5, 2014

About the Dinghy

12/05/14
Little River, SC

I had a call from Doug who is making the rack for solar panels and the wind generator.  His truck wouldn't start.  We were to dry fit the poles to hold the rack today.  I went by and picked him and the poles up in the pickup.  We took them to the boat and took measurements for him to do more welding.

About noon, Jack came to show us how he planned the canvas for our full cockpit enclosure.  He has good ideas and I feel good about what he has planned.  He took the bimini back with him to modify one of the zippers he had already put on.  He will make patterns Monday and then should be ready to make the final product.

The rest of the day was about the dinghy.  I pulled it onto the dock and started cleaning on it.  I remembered that Judy had some cleaner that was specifically for the material it is made from.  She was just getting ready to clean theirs so she loaned me some of her cleaning products.  After working on hers, she pitched in and helped with mine.  We turned ours over and cleaned the bottom.  Mark has some bottom paint designed for dinghies that he gave me.  I will try to get it on in the next couple of days.  Working bent over didn't make my back happy but I will get over it, I guess.

I got back to the condo by beer thirty and took a short nap before the news.  A good bit accomplished but not through yet.

I got a text from Mark that the inverter we ordered has arrived.  That will be a project for next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment