Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dinghy Bottom

12/07/14
Little River, SC

Well, this morning I went to the boat and painted the dinghy bottom. That is, after I stopped at Dunkin Donut for coffee and a coffee cake muffin.  I didn't have enough paint to cover the whole bottom so I concentrated on the bare patches where sea life is most likely to grow.  It is going to look like a little speckled pup.  It was freezing, the wind was blowing and my back was aching.  Glad this isn't a weekly chore.

After I came back to the condo and rested from my labors, I spent some time calculating how to make the crossing of the Gulf Stream.  The Stream has an average of about 2 1/2 knot northerly current.  That means that if you take 10 hours to cross it you will be about 25 miles north of where you want to be.

This evening was going to be dinner with Roger and Flo Clark and Mark and Judy Handley.  Roger called in sick for Flo but M&J still came.  We discussed plans and routes for our trip and the logistics of the voyage after a good dinner of pork chops, potato salad, baked beans and cole slaw.  Mark made a cranberry bread with cream cheese.  A really successful evening.

We made plans to start on the installation of the inverter tomorrow morning.  We only have about a week until M&J take off for Puerto Rico.  When they get back it will be the end of December and time to go.  Still have the solar panel rack and wind generator to install.  Lynda still has to work on provisioning.  Much work to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment