Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Monday, December 15, 2014

WPA

Monday, 12/15/14
Little River, SC

Back during the Great Depression there was a government program to provide employment called the Works Project Administration (WPA).  The going joke was that it stood for We Piddle Around.  That was what today was.

I was up early to take Mark & Judy to the airport to catch an 8:00 flight to Puerto Rico.  They are off to see their son for Christmas.  I'll pick them up again when they get back on Dec. 26.

On the way home I stopped at Mason Tire and had the oil changed in the car.  Lynda spent much of the day baking cookies for the power and sail squadron cookie exchange. She will be coming home with 18 different bags of 1/2 doz cookies per bag.

Later it was over to the boat to check on things.  I was looking for the location of zincs and the diameter of the prop shaft (1 1/4" actually) so I would know what size zinc it would take.  Jack came by to make some last minute measurements for the canvas.  He says he will put the back panels on tomorrow.  I couldn't get motivated to wash down the cockpit, so . . .

Came back to the condo and took a nap since I got up before breakfast.  Lynda woke me to talk to our online pharmacy about our supplies of medications so we won't run short while we are away.  This evening we went shopping for some misc. items and stopped at K&W Cafeteria for a bite of dinner.  I know, I know only OLD people go there.  Well, what can I say.

A quiet evening of TV and then off to bed.  We have to go to Wilmington tomorrow to meet with Customs and Border Patrol folks so they can fingerprint us and arrange for us to check back into the country without having to go to a customs location.  We will be able to just call when we get back.We both have to go and we have separate appointments.  Mine is at 11:00 and Lynda is at 11:15.  Tomorrow evening we will be visiting with friends Martha and Mitch Strickland down at Socastee.  Looks like a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment