Voyages of Sea Turtle

Voyages of Sea Turtle

Monday, December 15, 2014

Dinghy Soup

Sunday, 12/14/14
Little River, SC

Do you know what happens when you put your dinghy back in the water without putting in the drain plug?  Well I found out.  I went over to the boat to pick up the Key Lime pie that Santa, aka Jane Bonner, left on the boat.  While I was tidying up the lines I notice the dinghy (which incidentally Lynda named Hatchling) was full of water.  It hadn't rained.  Then it occurred to me that I had removed the drain plug while I was working on it on the dock.  Forgot to put it back in.  Got out the bilge pump and started to work.  It probably took 15 minutes to get it empty.  That's how it felt anyway.

We took the rest of the day off and just lazed around reading the paper and doing some online research.  Nothing noteworthy.

Didn't get this log written last night so here it is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment